Continuum of Care, Inc. provides comprehensive, community based housing and support services, crisis, case management, in-home healthcare, peer mentoring, and outpatient clinical care for adults with mental illness and/or developmental disabilities.The Agency touches the lives of more than 2,400 individuals annually throughout Connecticut.
Since April of 2010, Long-Term Services (LTS) has been successful at transitioning individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and pervasive developmental disorders (PDD) — many of whom had been institutionalized — to permanent supportive housing in several communities throughout Connecticut. LTS has effectively implemented positive behavioral outcomes while promoting individuality through person-centered planning and supporting residents’ self-determination.
Continuum's LTS programs meet individuals where they are in their recovery process and staff collaborate with providers weekly to ensure continuity of care. Because of this, LTS has been able to improve their residents’ quality of life, especially if they have transitioned from a hospital setting, whether they were inpatients for one year or more than 50 years.
- Permanent supportive housing
- 24-hour staffing, including awake overnights
- Collaboration with nursing agencies, psychiatric & medical providers, conservators, family, & friends
- Application of positive behavioral principles to promote community integration
- Individual person-centered planning
- Daily skill building & recreational activities
- Individualized & group programming
- Focus on health & wellness